class advanced game:
What is wanted for the class
– long term commitment perspective
– Not about making a game for this class specifically nor analysis per se but fueling current and future projects.
– no particular “homework” but indeed personal involvment and proposition of work.
– Importance of terminology: not really, most of the vocabulary is common one.
– game knowledge: being literate (see list of games to know about what a literate person is)
– Notion of Deep play (don’t accuse me, I wasn’t the one saying that)
– jonathan blow? game ‘Braid‘ , his webPage link!
– what can video games can explain and tell us… or something, I didn’t catch the name (book by him according to his majesty Charles the First)
People and what they want to do
– Josh Knowles, fell in love with games during ITP.
– Chris Paretti worked in games.
– Thomas Duc was interested in games and finally found a place to (try) to talk about it seriously.
– jury big screens public space phone.
– huinong yang?(sorry for butchering a name) text games. game theory interest (journey to wild devine, brainball)
– fusrine?(sorry for butchering a name) flash games + interest in theory
– Ming sun lee(sorry for butchering a name) also known as
James Bond Sam. Interested in designing small games.
– sinan(sorry for butchering a name) Interest in user experience designer, how game are compelling.
– Mat Fargo : peripheral stuff for game companies. Took classes in game in berkeley.
– Charles (also known as his majesty Charles the first), game and interactive art.
– charly, (also known as his majesty Charles the second)future of games, pushing the enveloppe. Experimental work
– Rob: interest in play for short term, casual games.
– Robert: research project , games and learning : game designer research.
Domain of game design for kids, Game behaviors
– Oren Ross, undergrade in games. thesis??? game, serious game?
– Tikva (sorry didn’t catch this one Tikva).
– Lea period piece game.
– Kunal game design experience and got sick of it because bad experiences. social game and rules.
– Franky. Interaction design
– Bob trying to get to game templates
– Derek, Gamer. tries to be taken seriously.